Fur Ever Friends, Inc.
P.O. Box 2235
Corbin, KY 40702
Our network of volunteers supports the efforts of individuals who have rescued homeless, abused or neglected dogs and cats by subsidizing the cost of spay and neutering, helping to find foster homes and adoptions . Fur Ever Friends, Inc. itself has no shelter, and operates totally through unpaid volunteers.
Our funding comes from donations. Thanks to the generosity of many people, our reach has extended far beyond our small rural community and enabled hundreds of puppies and dogs, kittens and cats to find a better life.
For example, we have:
- paid partial–sometimes total–costs of spay and neutering animals whose owners were unable to afford the surgery.
- subsidized the cost of crucial emergency veterinary care thanks to the generous help of several fine area veterinarians.
- arranged relays to transport dogs and cats hundreds of miles.
- distributed tons of pet food donated by Walmart Distribution
Center and Kroger to rescuers sheltering costly ongoing dog populations.
- worked cooperatively with other animal welfare organizations to find adoptions for “our” animals and “their” animals.
- arranged foster care and found new homes for beloved pets whose owners died, or became too old, or ill to care for them anymore.
- counseled animal care givers with concerns about nutrition, feeding, weaning, fleas, training, behavior, grooming etc.
- treated dozens of scraggly strays with mange dip and worm medicine and had them immunized before placing them in foster care.
- lent equipment such as a kennel, cages, pet carriers, dog houses, humane trap free of charge for short term use.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO WRITE OR EMAIL US FOR MORE INFORMATION. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN FOSTERING ANIMALS, WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT ONE, OR JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER, LET US HEAR FROM YOU. AND, REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS, EMAIL, AND PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU!